Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- You must be a person who is at least 16 years old to subscribe to the Numberock Site. Individuals who are under the age of 16 may utilize the the Site and it's services, but they may only do so with the involvement of a responsible adult who is in agreement with our Terms of Service. While we create and own content that may be watched by people under the age of 16, no information besides what is stored for grading on district, school, teacher or parent accounts is intentionally collected from individuals who are under the age of 16. Student grade data is not used for any other purpose beyond grading.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Your activity on the Site may be used to help us to better tailor our offerings to our subscribers.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Your computer’s hard drive will store cookies if you click "Remember Me" upon signing in. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. The next time you visit the site, you will be able to log into your account automatically from the information stored in the cookies. This feature will not be available to you if your settings are such that your browser doesn’t accept cookies.
Cookies can be used by third part vendors like Google to serve ads based on your prior visits to NUMBEROCK’s site.
The DART cookie used by Google gives its partners the ability to serve ads based on your visit and prior visits to the NUMBEROCK site as well as other sites on the Internet.
Student Data and Accounts
1. Only districts, schools, teachers and parents who have signed up for accounts can open and manage student accounts. NUMBEROCK does not deliberately obtain personal information from children below 16 for all the other types of trials and subscriptions. Any child below 16 must obtain permission from his/her school, legal guardian or parent to use this website. A district, school, teacher, legal guardian or parent must register for a paid subscription or trial before a student can access an account on the NUMBEROCK website.
2. Students are not allowed to open accounts by themselves, and no personal information is collected from students unless a parent, district or school has signed up and created student accounts on students’ behalf. If a district, school, or parent buys NUMBEROCK, the administrators, teachers or parents can create classes. Parents, teachers, districts or schools can import students’ roster and class information into NUMBEROCK in order to allow students to sign into NUMBEROCK after they provide students with login information. Students are not allowed to use or create a NUMBEROCK account that is not affiliated to a licensed class, school, home or district.
3. Under no circumstances is NUMBEROCK made directly available to students. Schools, districts, parents or teachers have to first open primary accounts and then open accounts specifically meant for students for either their school, district, home, or class so they can use NUMBEROCK via those accounts. We obtain primary account holders’ first and last name so they can easily identify students on their class list in the My Account area of the NUMBEROCK website. Each student has a unique ID or username which we only collect so they can log in easily to the website. Student names, usernames, or unique ID's are used by primary account holders for managing classes. Primary account holders can choose to use student nicknames, numbers, or initials rather than their first or last name, or other means of identification if they like. The primary account holders can not share usernames and first and last names of students with any third parties.
4. Students with accounts can be assigned assignments and multiple-choice quizzes by their teachers. Completed assignments by students, including their quiz results and other works created by the student, will be stored for easy accessibility by the students and primary account holder. This means that students can review only their own quiz results whenever they want. Student accounts can always access the NUMBEROCK website whether they were given an assignment by their teacher or not. The student’s teacher can see and review the activity assigned to the student and the student can also submit his/her work so that it can be viewed by the teacher.
5. We don’t require or ask students to enter their personal information to use NUMBEROCK. We don’t share the student login information or any student data with third parties, nor do we share or disclose students’ information for the purposes of third-party advertising or any type of advertising that targets the behavior of students.
6. At the request of a primary account holder, the student’s account and all associated data on NUMBEROCK can be permanently deleted. Furthermore, student accounts and data can be permanently deleted by the primary account holder with one-click in the “My Account” section of the NUMBEROCK website.
Last updated: September 1, 2019. Effective Date: September 1, 2019